Monday, November 24, 2008

Eli's Coming....Eli's Coming...

SO guess what we did this weekend? Okay you won't get it. I'll start with the day:
Sat we wake up at 7:30 to get ready for the bus ride to Arizona. We got to 4 wall with time to spare and visited awhile before getting on the front of the bus (who wants to be by the bathroom). Everyone said I looked like a hippy flower child ;-)..So our bus driver...Dan...oh Dan. We started the journey towards the Hoover Dam, however busses are not allowed over the Dam sooo we turned around and started on the long stretch towards Laughlin. Everyone is laughing, having a great time when I hear something beeping and Dan freaking out a little. He grabs the microphone and tells everyone on the bus we have to pull over. Wes, Larry, Michael, Jen and I look at each other and pile of the bus, just in case. Come to find out, dear old Dan only had one of the three belts on the bus that was needed. So we were stuck, on the side of a long stretch of desert, we started to look for buzzards. 3 hours later we were back on the bus.


3:30 (same day) we stop at a shady little gas station with a Subway for lunch. We all pile out and use the smelly bathrooms...The food looked questionable with the flys and all the workers and there eye piercings. I had a Fuze :-)



7:30 we finally arrived in Tempe at the hotel. Wes ran out to check in first, while I got the bags... That was a bad idea on my part, he packs like a girl.


8:00 The bus left for Chronic Taco on the ASU block. Free Food and the bartender was nice enough to name a drink after me... Everyone had Meghan's all night long :0) hehe!! Larry also bought me some "hippy" shades..haha! Finally after going to a couple of bar/clubs we got a cab back to the hotel. Kathy thought there was a pterodactyl in the trunk...she was a little gone at that point.

SUNDAY.. GAME DAY




We piled on the bus at 10:00 to head to the stadium, what a trip, I think we almost took out a van. Once we arrived there was a slue of Giants fan, which makes me happy. We went around WestCliff shopping center and met up with Michael, Jen and Jim at Hogs and Heffers :-). Once we were in the game, we hiked to the top, and this time I didn't mind. I was at my first NFL game and it was the best. Eli ralled the Giants to become 10-1.. Best record in the league.
So after all my excitement..I'm tired and I'm trying not to sleep at work.

No comments: